Beantwoorden
Senscia
Freshman Beetjesweter
Trick or treat? Netjes! De kop is eraf! En we zijn vertrokken!

DHCP scope management issue

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I need to run a wifi network across two buildings. I have a Telenet modem at the termination point in one building (of this type:

4*8 DOC 3 WIRELESS(DOCSIS)

From there I have an initial Powerline

PG9073.

In the working area of each buidling, I have one more Powerline adapter each. So now I have a working internet connection into each building. But now my problem starts. I have placed a wifi router in each building so I can have wired and wireless clients. But I can not properly configure my two routers, or stop additional clients from connecting to the Telenet router. It is answering all Discovery packets and issuing IP addresses. The MijnTelenet webform does not allow me to manage DHCP scope. Ideally, I would allocate two IP addresses there (one each for my routers), and then turn all wifi off.

How can I stop the Telenet router from answering Discovery packets? Can a Telenet engineer access these features if they directly connect to the router? I think the Telenet medeworkers only have access to the same configuration options I do.

Thanks for help/ advice. Hartelijk bedankt!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
18 reacties
igvfer
Professional Superweter
Dat verdient een trofee! PhD in problem solving! Organisatietalent! Topic held(in)!

How to connect PWL ? and make 2 different circuits.

1 and 2 are connected if the small house is green on both.

Then you take 3 and 4. Reset both by pushing 12 seconds on the button. You will see restart them.

If you now put them all in you will see that on 1 and 2 house is green, on 3 and 4 not.

Now you push on the button of PWL3 for 2 seconds  and also on the other one (4). When they are conected you wil see green houses.

If you put in 1, 2 and 3 you will see 1 and 2 are green 3 is not.

If you put in 2, 3 and 4 you will see 3 and 4 green and 2 not.

If you put in all 4 you will see al houses green because 1 and 2 are connectede en 3 and 4 are connected.

Now you have 2 circuits.

Connect 1 at the modem, 2 at the WAN port of the router(1)

Connect 3 at the LAN port of router (1) and 4 at the LAN port of router 2 (configurated as AP/switch)

Dit is mijn beste Engels, hopelijk begrijpbaar.

Maar die brave meneer zou beter en makkelijker af zijn geweest met de Home gateway, 3 powerlines en 2 AP.

Ignace (igvfer) | Krak
  Niets is mooi of lelijk, het is enkel wij die het mooi of lelijk vinden.
  Vergeet niet om likes te geven en/of als oplossing te markeren.
StefaanH
Professional Superweter
Dat verdient een trofee! Organisatietalent! Een echt antwoordkanon jij! De gouden postveer is voor jou

@igvfer schreef:

... knip ...

Maar die brave meneer zou beter en makkelijker af zijn geweest met de Home gateway, 3 powerlines en 2 AP.

Of een modem only met daarachter een eigen router, dan drie powerlines met twee AP's. Dan kan hij op zijn eigen router alles instellen naar eigen behoefte, veel meer dan op een HGW mogelijk is. Inderdaad een goede oplossing. Goed idee @igvfer Smiley Vrolijk Met één router extra  is heel de problematiek van de configuratie van die powerlines van de baan. En als ik het goed begrepen heb heeft die man reeds zijn HGW ingeruild voor een modem only.

@Senscia, if you invest in a third router that you install directly after your Telenet "modem only", you just have to install the three powerlines without having to configure them. Then configure both routers in the two buildings as AP. You then can controle everything on your first router and have one large network. With thx to  @igvfer for the idea Smiley Erg vrolijk

StefaanH | Krak
    De Gustibus et Coloribus non est disputandum.
0 Likes
Senscia
Freshman Beetjesweter
Trick or treat? Netjes! De kop is eraf! En we zijn vertrokken!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone. I ended up getting work done to drill holes and place cabling conduits between the cable modem and my primary router. It was the simple and obvious solution. I installed the powerline devices behind the first router to maintain connection to the second building. All in all I would describe this as a lazy "off-the-shelf" installation by Telenet, that did nothing to take into account a business customer's needs 😞

Once the appropriate cable was in place, 90 minutes of work were needed to have everything configured and working as needed. Nog bedankt!

0 Likes
igvfer
Professional Superweter
Dat verdient een trofee! PhD in problem solving! Organisatietalent! Topic held(in)!

That is how it works. Telenet delivers Internet just to the modem. The rest is for you. The watercompany delivers water to the meter, the rest of the installation is for you.

Ignace (igvfer) | Krak
  Niets is mooi of lelijk, het is enkel wij die het mooi of lelijk vinden.
0 Likes